Please go through these terms and conditions before you avail the services. If you do not understand or agree and accept the terms in full, you are not authorized to access our services.
These Terms form a legal agreement (the Agreement) between you and the concerned Medical Practitioner. Kindly make a copy of the same for your records and future references.
IMPORTANT EMERGENCY NOTE
Our service is not suitable for any emergency medical situation or for any diagnosis or treatment that may require a physical examination. If you are in any emergency situation or you think you require an emergency treatment, you must contact the emergency medical services.
- Medical Practitioner means any doctor or his team of counsellor or nurse enrolled with or registered with Tele Arogya with whom the patient consults through digital platform.
- Advice means any advice or information provided through video or electronically by the Medical Practitioners.
- User means any person who registers into the app and chooses to consult Medical Practitioner through Tele Arogya.
- Us, We and Our means the Tele Arogya team.
- VC means Video Consultation.
- Tele Arogya provides a service that: * Allow users to consult Medical Practitioner via online secure video chat, on a paid (when ever fee is applicable) and private basis.
- All doctors are Registered Medical Practitioners [RMP] and any advice provided or offered to you by a Medical Practitioner is the sole responsibility of that Medical Practitioner.
- The Services and Advise are provided for non-emergency circumstances only. If you require any emergency medical attention or other immediate treatment, a physical face to face examination or if your situation is not suited for remote communication, we strongly advice that you contact your emergency services. Our Services are in no way designed or intended to replace the services provided by emergency unit.
- If you need any information or have a complaint about the App or any of our Services, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In order to access the Services, you must register with us and create an account (Account). You consent to undergo an ID check with an external agency to confirm your identity. It is therefore important that you provide us with correct and accurate details.
- The Tele Arogya platform and the Services are only intended for use by people residing in India. All Medical Practitioners practice in accordance with Medical Council of India.
- The Services are not intended for users below 18 years of age. We verify date of birth during the registration process and if found under 18, you are not permitted to have an account or to avail the Services.
- You agree at all times, to provide us with accurate and complete information in your registration and Account, and to update such information as appropriate.
- For security purposes you would receive OTP to your registered mobile number every time you wish to login to the app, and to the extent permitted by applicable law you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your Account or OTP. You should take all necessary steps to ensure that the OTP is kept and should inform us immediately if you have any reason to believe that your OTP has become known to anyone else, or if the OTP is being, or is likely to be used in an unauthorized manner. At any time you are unable to login, please re-install the app.
- Tele Arogya provides a service that allows users to consult with a Medical Practitioner online through secure video chat via the internet on laptops and mobile or tablet applications (Live Consultation).
- You agree to always provide us and the Medical Practitioner with whom you have a Live Consultation, accurate and complete information about you.
- Patients must verify themselves by providing a valid ID proof in VC, holding their ID card at their chin level without blocking the view of their face.
- The Medical Practitioner allocated to you with whom you have a Live Consultation can record the results of the consultation as required by law and regulatory requirements. You agree to review and inform us of anything that you believe to be unreliable or inappropriate. In particular, you should create your own record of the results of any consultation you have with a Medical Practitioner via the Tele Arogya platform. We may, at any time at our absolute discretion review and remove any content from the Services or request that you re-register or set up a new account for your continued use of the platform.
- Assistants contact you prior to appointment for history etc and after consultation if you have doubts, u can contact them paid (when ever fee is applicable) or free, the doctor may assign assistants to solve the issue.
- If the Medical Practitioner, following a Live Consultation based on his/her medical judgment decides that you are suitable for treatment, he/she may issue a private prescription.
- You understand and accept that there is no guarantee that the Medical Practitioner will issue a prescription for any medication following a Live Consultation. Prescriptions are issued at the sole discretion of the Medical Practitioner.
- Certain types and classes of medications such as controlled drugs (or restricted drugs and material as classified by The Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001), specialist drugs, medications that require closer monitoring, drugs such as diazepam, morphine, and other classes of drugs regarded as strong painkillers such as a high dose Codeine Phosphate are examined that these are incompatible for prescribing online. This is not an exhaustive list, and there may also be other drugs and medication that Medical Practitioner will be unable to prescribe. If you require these medications, please do not book an appointment with us as these will NOT be provided and you will still be charged for the consultation.
- All prescriptions that are issued by a Medical Practitioner are only valid in India.
- Live Consultations:
- Additional Services:
The fee for a Live Consultation will vary depending on the Medical Practitioner. He may at his/her discretion extend the length of the Live Consultation at no additional cost.
Upon request, a Medical Practitioner may (at his/her sole discretion) agree to provide sickness notifications or letters, or a referral letter, the contents of which are based on his own judgment and regulatory obligations. The length of any such letter or note will be determined at the sole discretion of the Medical Practitioner. Referrals made by a Medical Practitioner do not specify a named particular consultant or other Medical Practitioner but are made on an open reference.
For a Live Consultation, you must make a booking online and choose a time slot. All appointment times are with reference to IST. Following the completion of your order for a Live Consultation, your request for a Live Consultation will be sent to a Medical Practitioner.
All confirmed appointment times are a guide only, and we cannot guarantee that the Live Consultation will commence at the stated appointment time or within a specified time parameter. At times, due to medical emergencies and other reasons beyond our reasonable control, we may also need to change your appointment time. We reserve the right to do so at any time up to the confirmed start time of your appointment. We will, in such circumstances, send a message to you, to agree for an alternative appointment time.
On the date and time of your allocated appointment, you must be logged into your account and await a video call by the Medical Practitioner. The Medical Practitioner allocated to you shall be entitled to move on to his/her next appointment if you are more than five (5) minutes late to your appointment, and you will be considered to have missed your appointment. You will be charged in full for all missed appointments. Altering the missed appointment will be done by hospital after looking at the circumstances round the issue.
Following the end of the Live Consultation, the Medical Practitioner (only Doctors) will, if required, issue a prescription based on the information you provided to him during the Live Consultation.
- We may collect various personal information from you when you use the App or the features provided by the App.
- Tele Arogya may disclose Your Personal Information in accordance to the law applicable.
To avoid any interference of any notificatons and phone calls during VC we recommend the patients to use a separate DEVICE and SIM CARD for VC.
Possibility of technical snag or communication failure can occur. If any technical snag or communication failure occurs, an attempt shall be made to reach you through the telephone/mobile number provided by you to resolve the issue. In rare instances, there may be a breach in privacy by the Tele-communication service providers, which is beyond the control of clinical team.
- If the patient does not show up for the consultation there would be no refund for the same.
- In case the patient cancels an appointment 3 days prior to the appointment date, the patient would receive complete refund and if he/she cancels the appointment 1 day prior to appointment date 10% of the total amount would be deducted from the refund amount.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, in no event will Tele Arogya or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, exemplary or consequential damages (including, without limitation, loss of business, revenue, profits, goodwill), whether or not Tele Arogya has been warned of the possibility of such damages or could have reasonably foreseen such damages.